Nodia, Urumashvili & Partners' is at the forefront of Energy & Infrastructure sector providing advice on the entire life cycle of the projects, from the planning and financing, through to the construction, operation, maintenance, refinancing or sale.
WHAT WE DO:
We provide full legal support including, among others, in the following fields:
- Corporate. Creation, mergers and acquisitions
- Acquisition and Sale
- Capital Markets
- Project finance
- Project collateral
- Licenses, Permits and Approvals
- Dispute Resolution
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- We advised a hydropower development company in connection with a multimillion financing of the construction of the hydropower stations in the western part of Georgia. The project was financed through the support of an IFI and a local bank.
- We have advised on the construction of the number of power plants across the country. We have advised on EPC Contracts, contract negotiations, and have assisted at all stages of the project.
- We have extensive experience of advising on tax, corporate, financial, real estate, environmental and regulatory matters in relation to the power plant projects.
- We have extensive experience of advising clients on energy-related regulatory and environmental requirements, as well as advising clients in relation to the agreements with the Government of Georgia on the implementation of energy projects and advising the clients in connection with the agreements on the sale and purchase of the power. Recent highlights include advising the clients in connection with hydropower plant projects on River Mtkvari and Aragvi.
- Our client base covers employers, contractors, and subcontractors on a number of high-value highway and road projects financed by international financial institutions implemented by international contractors across Georgia, including construction of E60 highway. We have advised on procurement, helped in drafting contracts and assisted in contract negotiations. We have advised contractors on the claim strategy and employers on defending claims. We have advised on disputes, contract termination and assisted clients with achieving settlements. We have represented clients at all forms of dispute resolution, including arbitration and litigation.
- We have advised the contractor on the railway construction project in Georgia.
- We serve as an external tax advisor for the Georgian water supply company.
- We have been involved in water supply and sewerage projects across the country.
- We have advised universities and hospitals on tax, corporate and regulatory matters.
- We have advised on the construction of universities and hospitals to both contractors and owners. We have advised on construction procurement strategy, drafting and negotiating construction contract documents and represented our clients at all forms of dispute resolution.