Financial Institutions represent the core of the client base of Nodia, Urumashvili and Partners.
WHAT WE DO:
We provide full legal support including, among others, in the following fields:
- Banking and Finance
- Corporate and M&A, Restructuring and Insolvency
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Dispute Resolution
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- We served as an external general counsel for the leading Georgian bank JSC Bank Republic Societe General Group for years. Current notable clients include the subsidiary of the leading Turkish Bank JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia. We serve as a general external counsel for JSC Ziraat Bank Georgia and provide day-to-day legal support.
- We also advise other leading Georgian banks on regulatory, transactional and tax matters.
- We are experienced in representing commercial banks in high-profile disputes, including, among others, disputes relating to calling the bank guarantees and enforcement of collateral agreements. As an external counsel we are also experienced in managing the on-going disputes of the bank.
- We advise microfinance organizations on various legal matters, including, among others, regulatory, corporate, financial and dispute resolution.
- We serve as an external tax advisor for major leading insurance companies in Georgia.
- We also provide legal advice on regulatory matters and represent insurance companies in high-profile disputes.
- We advise IFIs in connection with the execution of the loan agreements, including LMA forms, with Georgian banks and microfinance organizations.
Investment Firms and Brokers:
- We have advised investment firms and brokers on regulatory, as well as corporate and tax matters.
- We have advised asset management companies on regulatory and tax matters.
- We have assisted a Swiss-based investment fund manager in the establishment of the business in Georgia.
- We serve as an external tax advisor for the leading private equity fund manager in Georgia and have advised this client on legal aspects relating to the acquisition of the project companies, regulatory, real estate, construction, corporate, and energy matters.
Payment Services Providers:
We have advised payment services providers on regulatory matters and assisted in establishing their business in Georgia.