Nodia, Urumashvili & Partners has a wide experience and specialist knowledge of IP law.
WHAT WE DO:
- Registration of IP rights. Advising and assisting in the registration of IP rights at the National Intellectual Property Center Sakpatenti.
- Transfer and Licensing Agreements. Advising and drafting, assisting in negotiations and execution of the agreements relating to transfer and licensing of IP rights.
- IP due diligence. Conducting due diligence of IP assets.
- Intellectual Property Disputes. Representing clients in proceedings in the Chamber of Appeals at the National Intellectual Property Center Sakpatenti and all instances of Georgian courts.
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Patent and Trademark Searching: Recent highlights include conducting patent and trademark searching for one of the leading multinational Swiss-based pharmaceuticals company, in several jurisdictions.
- Transfer and Licensing Agreements: Recent highlights include drafting a complex copyright transfer agreement in relation to the building in the historical part of Tbilisi.
- Due Diligence: Recent highlights include legal due diligence on behalf of the potential buyer of the major player within the telecommunications industry including, among others, due diligence of IP assets.
- Intellectual Property Disputes: Recent highlights include representing interests of one of the largest US-based pharmaceutical companies in the world in the court proceedings in relation to patent infringements and successfully settling the case.