Nodia, Urumashvili & Partners has extensive experience in employment law. As an external general counsel, the firm provides a wide range of services in this field.
WHAT WE DO:
- Compliance. Advising clients on employment regulations, including, among others, on the issues relating to labor safety, wage and overtime, paid and unpaid leave, etc.
- Employment Agreements. Drafting and negotiating employment agreements.
- Internal regulations and by-laws. Drafting and reviewing employment-related internal regulations and by-laws of the company.
- Immigration. Assisting employees of the clients in obtaining residence permit in Georgia.
- Due-diligence. Conducing due diligence on employment-related issues.
- Employment disputes. Representing clients on employment disputes in all instances of Georgian courts.
EXPERIENCE AND HIGHLIGHTS:
- Day-to-day advice, Employment Agreements and Internal Regulations: As a general external counsel, we advise our clients on general employment matters and assist in drafting standard employment agreements and internal regulations. Highlights include advising Georgian subsidiary of the leading bitcoin mining company, the branch of a Swiss-based investment fund manager and one of leading Georgian bank on the employment and consultancy agreements.
- Immigration: We assist the employees of our clients in obtaining residence permits.
- Regulatory: Recent highlights include advising one of the leading multinational pharmaceuticals company on the operation setup including, among others, advising on labour matters;
- Due Diligence: Recent highlights include legal due diligence on behalf of the potential buyer of the major player within the telecommunications industry including specific advice, among others due diligence of employment agreements.
- Employment Disputes: We represent our clients in the disputes with employees on the issues, among others, in connection with termination, wages, compensation, etc.